Rasam is a South-Indian soup which is so soothing and has a peppery taste which awakens the soul. This delicacy is perfect if you have a cold or want to have something warm n spicy. It goes well with rice and the flavours are so amazing that it will calm your senses truly. Here is my Rasam recipe:
- 1/2 glass Arhar or Toor Dal
- 4 to 5 green chillies
- Garlic – few cloves
- Ginger grated
- Curry Leaves
- Saunf or Aniseed – 1 tsp
- Black peppercorns – 2 tsp
- Tomatoes – 3 to 4 made to a paste
- Tamarind Water
- Take a pan and heat some oil.
- When the oil is hot add some asafoetida or hing powder, some jeera,curry leaves, dry red chilles ( 2 to 3), red chilli powder and some turmeric.
- Saute them together and add the remaining ingredients except the tomato paste.
- Cook them well and now add the tomato paste and stir it for a while.
- Now add the dal and some boiled water.
- After it is boiled nicely add the imli water, coriander powder and some red chilli powder.
- At last add some sugar.
- Your rasam is ready to serve with steamed rice.