Dhokla is a steamed cake made of chickpea flour and has its origin from Gujarat, India. Today it is famous all over India as it is light and tasty. It can be made in many different ways. I tried making it with peas. The recipe is as follows:
- 1 cup Besan or Chickpea Flour
- Ginger, Green chillies and peas made into a fine paste – 2 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 packet Eno or Fruit salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients and stir well to make a fine batter and there should be no knots. Then add one packet eno and lemon juice and then stir properly.
- Take a tiffin or a high-raised plate and grease with oil properly on all sides. Place it in a vessel with hot water.
- Cover the vessel tightly.
- Take 3 level tsp of powdered sugar and mix 3/4 cup of water and 1 tsp lemon juice to make a solution.
- For garnishing heat some oil and add mustard seeds, curry leaves and some green chillies.
- After 20 mins take the tiffin out and invert it gently. Slice the dhokla horizontally. Now add the sugar solution till it seeps properly. Then add the garnishing and slice vertically.
- The peas dhokla os ready to serve.