Skip to content
- 1/2 kg potatoes,boiled,peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida ( hing)
- 1/2 inch piece ginger,cut into slivers
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 green chilles,finely chopped
- 1 tsp amchur
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp water
- Let the potatoes cool for a while.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add hing immediately.
- Add the cumin seeds to it. When the seeds stop spluttering, add the ginger, green chilies and the turmeric powder.
- Let the ginger slivers brown a bit, and then add the potatoes.
- Add some salt to taste and keep stirring till the potatoes and light brown in colour.
- Sprinkle water every now and then to ensure that the potatoes cubes and the masala don’t stick to the kadhai.
- Lower the heat and let the potatoes cook for four or five minutes.
- Add the amchur and stir again.
- Garnish with chopped green coriander leaves.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: