Skip to content
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 cauliflower florets, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, boiled and chopped
- 5 green beans, chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 small green pepper chopped fine
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine, plus more for garnish
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped fine
- 2 tsp pav-bhaji masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Chopped fresh coriander
- 8 pao buns
- lemon slices
- Cook the carrot, cauliflower,potatoes, beans and peas in a cup of water until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and mash them coarsely.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in a pan. Add the ginger, garlic, green pepper, onion and tomatoes. Saute over high heat, stirring for few minutes until the onions are translucent and other vegetables are soft.
- Add the pav-bhaji masala, turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix well and stir 1/2 cup water so that the whole thing is the consistency of a thick gravy. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer until the gravy is thick, stirring and mashing pieces so that the spices penetrate the vegetables.
- At last add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and a half-inch slab of butter.
- Slit the buns horizontally and coat with butter and roast them open on a griddle until hot and soft with the surface crisp on both sides.
- Serve the pav bhaji with chopped onions and with a slice of lemon.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: