Skip to content
- 3 small potatoes
- 1 tsp canola or any refined oil
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 tsp chana dal
- 1 to 2 green chillies, slit in half lengthwise
- 1/4 inch sliver ginger
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Boil the potatoes in a medium saucepan until tender and drain. Cool until they can be cooked. Peel and coarsely mash them.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and add the mustard seeds. When they start to pop, add the urad dal, channa dal,chilies and ginger.
- Saute for one minute. Then add the chopped onion and saute until golden brown.
- Add the mashed potatoes,turmeric and salt. If it seems dry and some water.
- Mash the potatoes so that they become a thick gravy. Boil for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and a dash of lemon juice.