- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder or haldi
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds or jeera
- 2 green chillies, slit into halves
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp Mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- To begin with wash the potatoes with water
- Cut them lengthwise similar to that for finger chips.
- If you don’t prefer to use the skin, peel it and then chop them into pieces.
- Heat the mustard oil in a wok and splutter some mustard seeds.
- Now add the cumin seeds and then add the green chillies.
- Next add the potatoes and fry them till they turn crispy.
- If needed add some more oil and saute the potaoes again for a while.
- Add the turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Once the potatoes are cooked turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with rotis or rice.