Skip to content
- For the pakoris:
- Split moong dal – 1/2 cup
- Black gram or urad dal – 1/2 cup
- Ginger grated , 1″ piece
- Soda bicarbonate – a pinch
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Yoghurt strained – 2 and 1/2 cups
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds, roasted and powdered – 1 tsp
- Tamarind chutney – 100 gm
- Green coriander chopped – 2 tsp
- For the pakoris, After soaking the green and black grams for 2 hours grind to a smooth paste. Add the remaining ingredients. Whip till the batter is smooth and of dropping consistency.
- Heat the oil in a pan; carefully drop tablespoons of the batter into the hot oil. Fry till golden brown. Rmove with a slotted spoon and immerse the dumplings in salted water for 5-7 minutes, Repeat till the batter is used up.
- Remove the soaked dumplings; squeeze out the excess water and arrange them in a bowl.
- Mix the salt with the yoghurt and pour over the dumplings. Sprinkle the spices, tamarinf and green coriander.