Skip to content
- Whole wheat flour(atta) – 4 cups
- Ghee 3and 1/2 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Sugar 1/2 tsp
- Soda bicarbonate 1/2 tsp
- Ghee to dip the batti in before serving
- Sift the wholewheat flour, rub in 3 tbsp ghee. Add salt. sugar and bicarbonate.
- Knead with approximately 3/4 cup water into a hard dough. Cover the dough with a moist cloth and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough equally into lemon-sized portions. Shape each into smooth rounds with your palms and steam for 20 minutes in an electiec steamer or in a pressure cooker(without the whistle).
- Now roast them on a coal fire or in a tandoor till they are well done. Wipe with a clean cloth, dip in hot ghee and serve immediately with panchmela dal.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: