Skip to content
- 1 cup split whole green lentils(chilke waali moong dal), not sabut
- 2 tbsp corainder – finely chopped
- 1-2 chopped green chillies
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- a pinch of baking soda
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- Soak dal for 3-4 hours and strain. Add coriander, green chillies, salt , chilli powder, ginger and soda.Grind with 1 cup water to make a smooth batter. Add about 1/2 cup water tp get a poueing consistency.
- To prepare the chillas, heat a non-stick tawa or pan and smear 1 tsp oil in the centre.
- Spread 1/4 cup batter to make a chilla of about 4″ diameter.
- Turn over when it is cooled from the bottom.
- Place the onions and tomatoes on top of the chilla and turn it over again.
- Roll it up and serve hot with dhaniya or pudina chutney.