Lovely green chilli pickle!
- Green chillies, long and thick 1 kg
- For the filling:
- Salt 200gm
- Mustard seeds powdered 200 gm
- Turmeic powder 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Aniseed(saunf), coarsely powdered
- Onion seeds (kalonji) 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Lemon juice
- Wash and wipe dry the green chillies. Make a vertical slit in the centre of each chilli.
- For the filling, mix all the spices together. Add the lemon juice and mix well again.
- Fill each chilli with a generous amount of this mixture. Store the stuffed chillies in a n opaque jar and keep in the sun for 4-5 days. Shake the jar twice every day.
- The chillies will become softer as the days go by, but can be consumed as soon as the filling sticks to the chillies.
Stuffed green chilli pickle!