Skip to content
- Basmati rice, soaked for 1 hour, drained
- Ghee 8tbsp
- Green cardamons (choti elaichi) -4
- Cinnamon(dalchini), 1″stick
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Saffron (kesar), soaked – 1tsp
- Almonds, blanched – 25gm
- Pistachios, chopped – 25gm
- Parboil the rice and spread it out on a flat dish to cool.
- Heat the ghee in a wok; add the cloves, green cardamons, and cinnamon stick.
- Add 1/2 cup water, sugar, and saffron; stir till the syrup becomes slightly sticky.
- Add the rice and stir carefully on low heat for 15 minutes or till the mixture is absolutely dry, Remove from the heat.
- Add the almonds, pistachios and mix gently.
- Serve hot.