Skip to content
- 1 cup moong dal (split green lentils)
- 2 tbsp coriander – chopped very finely
- 3-4 green chillies – chopped very finely
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Soak dal for 3-4 houra only and strain. Grind with 1 cup water to a smooth consistency. Add about 1/2 cup water to get a smooth batter.
- Add corainder, green chillies, salt and chilli powder and keep aside.
- To prepare the chillas, heat a non- stick tawa or a pan and smear 1 tsp oil in the centre.
- Spread 1/4 cup batter to make a chilla of about 4″ diameter.
- After a few seconds, pour some oil on the sides. Turn over when the under side is done.
- Put some onion, tomatoes and grated carrot on top of the chilla.
- Roll it up and serve hot with coriander or pudina chutney.