Skip to content
- Refined flour (maida) – 2and1/2 cups
- Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Cumin seeds
- Split moong dal soaked for 2 hrs and drained
- Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan; add asafoetida and cumin seeds; saute for few seconds. Add the moong dal, and the remaining ingredients; saute till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and is soft.
- Rub 1 tbsp oil into the refined flour and knead dough equally into 12-13 portions.
- Take a portion, make a hollow in the centre and fill with the dal mixture. Repeat with the other portions. Seal the filling inside. Repeat with the other portions. Cover the stuffed balls with a moist cloth and keep aside for 10-15 minutes. Roll out each portion into a thin disc of 10″ diameter with some dry flour.
- Roast the disc om a griddle on both sides with 1 and 1/2 tsp oil. Remove and repeat with the other discs. They can be eaten cold with sangar ka saag.