Skip to content
- Split green gram (dhuli moon dal) – 30 gm
- Whole green gram (chilka moong) – 40 gm
- Bengal gram (chana dal) – 40 gm
- Split red gram (arhar dal) – 30 gm
- Black gram (urad dal) – 30 gm
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Asafoetida – a big pinch
- Cumin (jeera seeds) – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Ginger, julienned – 1 and 1/2 ” piece
- Bay leaves- 2 to 3
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Mango powder – 1 tsp
- Tomato big – 1
- Water – 3 cups
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – a pinch
- Green coriander chopped – 5 tbsp
- Green chilli, slit
- Soak all the pulses together for half an hour. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pressure cooker; add asafoetida, cumin seeds, ginger, and bay leaves and saute.
- Add coriander powder, mango owder, and tomato; saute again for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water, salt, turmerc powder and pressure cook till 3 whistles; then allow the pressure to release by itself.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a small pan; add the red chilli powder mixed with 3 tbsp water and sugar. Lower heat and simmer for 1 minute to get a rich red color.
- Add this, green coriander and the green chilli to the cooked pulses. Mix well and serve hot.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: