Skip to content
Dough for the pani puris
- 1/2 cup suji or semolina
- 1/2 cup maida or plain flour
- Oil for frying
- Mix suji and maida and knead a stiff dough with about 1/4 cup water. Cover the dough with wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 2 hours.
- Take small round balls of dough and roll each into thin puris.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and fry puris immedaitely. Fry puris on low heat, turning twice till they turn golden brown.
For the filling
- 2 large boiled potatoes
- 1/4 cup boiled lal channa or red pulses
- Some black salt
- Some red chilli powder
- Some green coriander leaves
- Some lemon juice
Poodina or Mint Pani
- 2 bunches of poodina or mint leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 1 green chilli,
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tsp black salt
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp jeera powder roasted
- Grind all the ingredients of the poodina pani to make a fine paste.
- Add 2 cups of water to this paste and mix well. Chill pani.
- To serve, make a hole in the centre of a puri and add some potato filling,
- Now fill it with poodina pani.
- Eat immediately.