Skip to content
Dough for Papdi
- 1 cup maida or plainflour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Oil for frying
For the Topping
- 2 medium sized potatoes boiled and finley chopped
- 2 tsp onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp roasted and powdered jeera or cumin seed powder
- 1 tsp black salt
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tsp green coriander chutney
- 2 tsp imli or tamarind chutney
- 2 cups fresh curd mixed with some salt
- Some bhujia or sev
- Sme finely chopped coriander leaves
- To preapare the papdis, mix maida and wheat flour. Add oil and just enough water to make a stiff dough.
- Roll out some small, round thin papdis.
- Prick them few times with a fork.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry the papdis till light brown.
- Arrange the papdis on a serving plate.
- Top with potatoes and curd.
- Now add the green and imli chutney over the curd.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala, cumin seed powder and red chilli powder on top.
- At last add some onions, coriander leaves and bhujia.