Skip to content
- Sangar ( A dry bean like vegetable)
- Dry red chillies
- Mangoes, raw, dries cut into strips
- Mustard seeds
- Turmeric powder
- Red chilli powder
- Mango powder
- Vegetable/Mustard oil
- Cumin seeds
- Soak the sangar overnight in a big bowl containing lots of water, 1 tsp oil, i tsp salt and 1tsp turmeric powder. Drain
- Clean and soak these ingredients separrately ovenight: kair, dry red chillies, mango strips, and mustard seeds. Drain.
- Cover the sangar and kar with enough water and boil till soft. Drain.
- Grind the mustard seeds to a smooth paste.
- Mix the boilled sangar-kair mixture with the dry red chillies, mango strips,mustard paste, turmeric powder and salt in a big bowl.
- Dilute the red chilli powder and mango powder in 1 cup water.
- Heat the oil in a wok till it starts amoking. Cool slightly and then add the cumin seeds. Gradually add the diluted spices.
- Remove from heat, add the sangar mixture and mix well.