Skip to content
- 1 cup suji or semolina
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp channe ki dal or Bengal gram dak
- A few curry leaves
- 2-3 green chillies chopped
- 1 big onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shelled peas
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- Fry suji with ghee on low flame in a kadhai till it starts to change colour and becomes little crispy.
- Heat oil in a non stick kadhai.
- Put mustard seeds and channe ki dal. Do not let the dal turn brown.
- When it splutters, add curry leaves, green chillies and onion. Fry till onion turn transparent.
- Add peas, fry for 1 minute, ass water and lemon juice.
- Add salt and red chilli powder. Boil and cover and cook on low flame till the peas and dal turn soft.
- Gradually add the suji, stirring continuously.
- Keep mixing well till the water dries up. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve it hot with coriander or coconut chutney.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: