Skip to content
- Black gram ( urad dal) – 1/2 cup soaked for 1 and 1/2 hours
- Refined flour – 2 cups
- Semolina – 1 cup
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Onion seeds(kalonji) – 1/2 pinch
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil – 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Drain the black gram and grind to a smooth paste.
- Mix the black gram paste with the remaning ingredients. Add a little water and knead to make a soft dough. Keep aside for 1 hour.
- Before frying, knead the dough again with well-greased palms and on a well-greased table top. Divide the dough into lemon-sized balls. Roll each ball out carefully.
- Heat the oil in a wok; fry the discs, one by one, turning them over frequently, on high heat till golden. They will be slighlty white on the edges. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the excess oil on paper towels.
- Serve hot with alu dum.