Skip to content
- 4 pav buns
- Some garlic chutney and some green coriander chutney
- 2 big -potatoes – boiled and mashed
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp turmeri powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 green chillies, 1″ piece of ginger, 8-10 flakes of garlic
- 1/2 cup bengal gram flour (besan)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi), 1/4 cup water
- a pinch of soda bi-carb, 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat the oil and add the mustard seeds. When they crackle, add the hing, curry leaves and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the crushed green chilli mixture and saute again for a few seconds.
- Add grated potatoes, haldi powder and salt. Mix well. Remove from the fire and cool. Divide into 4 equal portions and shape into flat rounds.
- Mix all the ingredients of batter in a bowl.
- Dip each round of the vada into the batter and coat it well.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- Cut each pav into half. Spread some garlic chutney on the cut surface of the bottom piece of pav and hari chutney on the cut surface of the top pao.
- Place one vada in between each pav and serve immedately.