Skip to content
- 1 cup seviyan or vermicilli
- 2 tsp ghee
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp channe ki dal or Bengal gram dal
- A few curry leaves
- 1-2 green chillies, chopped
- 1/4 ” ginger chopped
- 1 big onion chopped
- 1/2 cup shelled peas
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- Fry seviyan with 2 tsp ghee on low flame in a kadhai till it turns golden brown. Remove seviyan from the kadhai and keep aside.
- Heat oil in clean kadhai. Reduce flame.
- Put the mustard seeds and both the dals.
- After a few seconds, add curry leaves, green chillies, ginger and onion. Fry till the onions turn brown.
- Add the peas and stir fry for a minute.
- Add water , salt and red chilli powder. Boil. Cover and cook on low flame till peas and dal turn soft.
- Gradually add the seviyan, stirring gently.
- Simmer on slow flame till the water dries up. Remove from fire and serve hot.